The fall season kicks off in September which means it’s the perfect time to curl up with a comforting mug of bone broth. Not only is bone broth delicious, but it’s also incredibly nutritious. Here’s everything you need to know about bone broth and how taking it can lead to better gut health. (So long leaky gut!)
What is Bone Broth?
Bone broth is a savory superfood that is made by simmering animal bones from high quality meats or seafood in water for an extended period of time. This process causes the nutrients found in the bones to leach out into the savory broth. Bone broth is defined by its thickness and has a gelatin-like consistency when chilled, just like JELLO. This gel-like consistency comes from the collagen found in the animal bones. Collagen is a protein derived from meat cartilage and it’s what gives bone broth many of its numerous health benefits. As a healing superfood, bone broth can improve digestion, provide ultimate cartilage and joint support and even restore hair, skin and nails. No wonder it’s a superfood!
Health Benefits of Bone Broth*
Bone broth has been around for centuries and for good reason. Here are some of the health benefits of consuming bone broth:
- Bone broth for gut health: The collagen found in bone broth protects and heals the digestive tract, potentially even helping heal “leaky gut.” Bone broth also supports better digestion and proper nutrient absorption within the body.
- Bone broth protects the joints: Bone broth is naturally full of glucosamine, which can help heal and protect joints.
- Bone broth supports the Immune System: Bone broth has a high concentration of the minerals responsible for supporting and strengthening the Immune System. Ever wonder why your grandmother’s homemade chicken soup always made you feel better? Turns out, there was some science mixed in with all of that grandmotherly love.
- Bone broth strengthens bones: The calcium, magnesium and phosphorus found in bone broth provide the essential building blocks for your own healthy bones.
- Bone broth supports Hair, Skin and Nails: Bone broth is a rich source of collagen, which is great for hair, skin and nails.
Bone Broth for Gut Health
Bone broth can be made at home using high quality bones, but if you don’t have the energy or time to make a pot of homemade bone broth, consider using one of our bone broth protein powders instead.
One of the best parts about using a bone broth powder is you have access to a variety of flavors that are more than just your traditional savory flavors (think bone broth made from beef, chicken or turkey). When using a bone broth powder, you can still enjoy savory flavors like Unflavored with Turmeric, which gives you the option to get creative with a blank canvas, but you can also try a sweet flavor like Chocolate, Coffee, Strawberry Banana or Vanilla.
No matter which flavor you choose, our Collagen + Bone Broth contains the same nutritious benefits in each container. Each serving contains collagen, specifically types I and III from real whole food sources. (Types I and III of collagen mainly support bone, organs, skin, tendons and vascular health). Not only does each serving include collagen, but it also includes 17 grams of protein and important cofactors found in real bone broth, providing delicious flavor and vital ingredients to improve overall health and wellness.
Fact: All of our Collagen + Bone Broth flavors are gluten free, non-GMO and have no sugar added.
Bone Broth for Leaky Gut
If you are interested in improving gut health and even improving leaky gut, try any one of our Collagen + Bone Broth flavors. If you have food allergies and sensitivities or suffer from IBS or leaky gut syndrome, our chicken and turkey broth based protein powders can dramatically improve and completely heal certain digestive ailments when taken daily. Our Collagen + Bone Broth can restore the gut lining decreasing permeability, support the growth of healthy bacteria in the digestive tract and provide numerous trace minerals and amino acids along with high doses of collagen and gelatin in an easy-to-digest form that soothes the GI tract.
Not only does bone broth taste delicious, but it also delivers a variety of health benefits, especially those related to better gut health. Healing your leaky gut symptoms doesn’t have to be complicated. Simply select your favorite flavor of Collagen + Bone Broth and sip your way to improved gut health. Sip, sip, hooray!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.